I have been working on creating some storyboards in order to explain the process of each intervention.
I wanted to first sketch one out before creating a more comprehensive and visually-accurate one so that I could understand the exact processes that would take place.
For each stage/intervention I have illustrated 2 images, showing essentially the exterior and the interior of what us taking place, as seen in the image above.
- Entry Intervention
- Representative of the refugees’ escape from chaos and war/conflict
- Boarding Transport
- Unsafe, dirty, wet & overcrowded – often crowding hundreds of refugees at a time onto boats that are too small to support the number of people
- “Refugee Circus”
- Area to represent the border controls that refugees experience coming through Europe
- Signifying the border controls of entering the different countries that refugees may need to travel through
- Reflection space for the participants
- Exit intervention into the street
- End of the refugees’ journey – usually to face more borders