Today we had our final presentations for our Final Major Design Project.
I worked hard to create a presentation that would sell my concept in the 5 minutes that we had, summarising the 15 weeks of hard work I have done!
I tried to make my presentation as visual as possible, getting across my ideas through the visuals that I had created and letting them speak for themselves.
I was aware that I needed to create more interior-focused visuals however, in order to fully get across my concept, I felt that it was necessary to produce the visuals seen in the presentation as a primary focus.
Some of the feedback I received:
- Small scale interventions might suggest that the problem itself is small
- Need to see masses of people interacting with the experience – reflect chaos and masses of refugee movements
- Perhaps structures should spill onto the roads to reflect chaotic movement and hinderance to the general public
- Good analogies of a pleasurable experience
- Rammed full of business people
- Good design language
- Needs more visuals and less speaking
- Needs more images for context: central London
- Think of the drama of putting this in its context
- Tell us what happens
I have taken all criticisms on board and aim to rectify them for the hand-in, creating a project that I am proud of and will be happy to show at the graduate shows!